About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen Central Mississippi Steel Magnolias is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 59-county service area in Mississippi.

Through events like the Komen Central Mississippi Jackson Race for the Cure®, Gulf Coast Race for the Cure®, and Pink Tie Party Komen Central Mississippi Steel Magnolias invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

As the 4th most rural state, over 50% of MS’s 2.9 million residents live in rural areas. All 82 counties have areas federally designated as medically underserved. MS was one of three states with the lowest mammography screening rates and one of the highest for late stage diagnosis. The Komen Central Mississippi Steel Magnolias goal is to decrease disparities and increase survival rates.

The Central Mississippi Steel Magnolias Affiliate serves the following 59 counties in Mississippi: Adams, Amite, Attala, Boliver, Carroll, Choctaw, Claiborne, Clarke, Copiah, Covington, Forest, Franklin, George, Greene, Grenada, Hancock, Harrison, Hinds, Holmes, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Kemper, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Leake, Leflore, Lincoln, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Pearl River, Perry, Pike, Rankin, Scott, Sharkey, Simpson, Smith, Stone, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Walthall, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Webster, Wilkinson, Winston, Yalobusha, Yazoo.